The Floor and Ceiling are Both in Place
The main questions naysayers are asking about JuJu Smith-Schuster are:
- Can he thrive (or even survive) without Antonio Brown?
- Will Pittsburgh's offense still be good enough to support elite production?
This column will break down the following answers to those questions.
- Smith-Schuster can be a true WR1 in the NFL. He's among the best age-adjusted receivers of all time. And good quarterback + sizable passing game role + NFL rules = production.
- Pittsburgh's offense will still be a top-10 unit. Pittsburgh has finished 4th, 3rd, 7th, 3rd, 2nd in total yards over the past five seasons. Ben Roethlisberger is the engine of the team.
- Volume leads to a high floor. Efficiency provides a high ceiling. As the WR1 in an offense that should be among the league's most pass-heavy teams, the sky is the limit.
Continue reading this article with a Season Long Pro subscription.
"Footballguys is the best premium
fantasy football only site on the planet."
Matthew Berry, ESPN