Frequently Asked Questions
- WHAT'S A FOOTBALLGUYS INSIDER? AND WHAT'S A FOOTBALLGUYS INSIDER PRO?
Footballguys has three levels of access for our content. The first is stuff that's free to everyone. Knock yourselves out.
The second level of content is only available to our Footballguys Insiders. Becoming a Footballguys Insider is 100% FREE. You just sign up here. As a Footballguys Insider, you'll have access to our best free content. You'll also be able to participate in our MyFBG feature where you can customize projections (current up to July 15) to your scoring system as well as link your league. You'll also be able to tell us what type of leagues you play in and what features are important to you so we can make Footballguys a better experience for you. You'll also receive our Daily Email Update with News as well as Breaking News updates. All this is 100% FREE.
And for the guys who want the edge over the competition, the Footballguys Insider PRO is for you. That's our pay subscription service. For just $27.95, you receive access to everything a Footballguys Insider does plus everything we do on the Footballguys.com website for the entire 2015 season. The MyFBG feature allows you to fully link your league to our projections and free agent advice. We want to create an "Over The Shoulder" experience for our Insider PRO subscribers where we help guide YOU as we navigate YOUR league identifying the best players to start as well as picking out the best free agents available from YOUR waiver wire each week. You'll also receive an entry into our Footballguys $35,000 Subscriber Contest. Plus much more. Details here.
- Why do you charge for The Footballguys Insider PRO?
Content websites have basically three options for surviving long term.
- Offer free content to readers and make money by loading the site with advertising, often resorting to pop up or even pop up audio ads that they can sell for higher margins.
- Offer a "magazine style" model where readers pay for a subscription to access the content.
- A hybrid of #1 and #2. This is often called a "Freemium Model". We've chosen this option as we think it gives our readers the best experience offering the best parts of the free and subscriber model. We'll offer plenty of free content and we will have some ads. But they'll be both relevant and limited. And non obnoxious. You will never see pop up ads on Footballguys. From the subscription side, we'll offer readers a ridiculous amount of content and value for a low price. In our opinion, this is the best way to give the reader the most value.
- WHY DID YOU DECIDE TO MAKE THE FREE/PAY CUTOFF DATE FOR THE WEBSITE JULY 15TH?
This allows us to continue to show you what we are all about. Our interest has always been to promote the hobby of fantasy football. This includes education through tools, articles, etc. By July 15th we will likely have released everything for the preseason at least once. We feel by going to July 15th, we give solid information (a month and a half better than most magazines print date) for free and have earned the right to compete for your subscription services.
- ARE THERE ANY FEATURES THAT GO BEHIND THE FENCE BEFORE JULY 15TH?
Our VBD Excel Application, Draft Dominator, Projections Dominator will release one free version only. We feel this is adequate to see what these applications can do. Subscribers get constant updates on all of these products.
- Are mobile apps included in the subscription price?
The Footballguys Insider PRO subscription includes a desktop / laptop Draft Dominator that is equivalent to the mobile version. All the articles in the magazine app will be available online at Footballguys.com for people who purchase a Footballguys Insider PRO subscription.
A Footballguys Insider PRO subscription will give you all of the functionality and content contained in our apps, but not on a mobile platform. Optimizing the content and functionality for mobile devices requires a tremendous amount of time and energy to deliver and we need to offset those developmental costs via the purchase price.
For people who purchase a Footballguys Insider PRO subscription, they may use their phone or tablet to view the Footballguys.com content through our specially designed mobile site www.footballguys.com/m
- Why $27.95? Why not $5 or $10?
We felt this price represents outstanding value to our customers and still allows us to pay our staff, afford dependable servers and successfully grow our company to continue improving the product. And because we have an iron clad Money Back Guarantee, you get to choose for yourself whether you agree with us that it's a great value.
- WHAT'S THE DEAL WITH MONEY BACK GUARANTEE?
It's just what it says. People that purchase a Footballguys Insider Subscription have until September 30 of this year to request their money back if they're not satisfied. If they're not happy, they let us know and we refund their money and cancel their subscription. No questions asked. Period. More info here.
- There are plenty of sites with free information out there.
No doubt. There is excellent information available out there for free. We'll even point our Footballguys Readers to tons of it with links and references. What we're able to offer is unique (and we think better) viewpoints, insights and opinions. And more accurate detailed statistical projections and rankings. Without the barrage of pop up advertising and flashing banners. In addition, we'll add value by putting our staff to work sorting through the mountain of free information to bring you the very best and most relevant items. If you have 400 hours a week available to scour the innerwebs for information, that's great. For Footballguys Readers, our staff does that work for you.
- I'll never pay.
OK. We offer lots of content for free and we hope you enjoy that and use it for an edge over your competition.
- I mean it. I'll never pay.
Really, it's OK. Footballguys isn't for everyone. But if you're serious about winning your league and want every tool and edge available to help you do just that, we think a Footballguys Insider Subscription is the best value in sports.
- Will Footballguys be better this season?
We believe in continuous improvement and this year will be no different. We published over 50,000 pages of content the last two years and will do even more things this year. In the end you are the judge to whether our material is of sufficient quantity and quality.
- HOW DO I LOGIN?
Just go to http://subscribers.footballguys.com/amember/login.php and login with your email address and password that you signed up with. This will bring you to http://subscribers.footballguys.com/2013/page2.php and will allow you access to all dollar sign content.
- WILL THE COMPUTER REMEMBER ME WHEN I COME BACK?
Cookies are set at two weeks. So once you login, you can just go to and access everything for those 14 days. If this isn't working for you, make sure your computer is set to accept cookies.
- CAN I LOGOUT?
You can logout by clicking here: http://footballguys.com/amember/logout.php. If you previously could login and now can not, you should logout and then log back in as this can clear cookies problems a lot of the times.
- I CAN'T REMEMBER MY PASSWORD.
http://subscribers.footballguys.com/amember/login.php will email you a link you can use to change your password.
- I HAVE PAID, BUT I CAN'T LOGIN.
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org for resolution. Sending an email to Joe Bryant and/or David Dodds will not speed up getting access as they will soon be getting nearly a thousand emails a day on varying topics. For fastest processing include your confirmation receipt that was emailed to you.
- WHAT IS AVAILABLE TO ME IF I DON'T PURCHASE THE FOOTBALLGUYS INSIDER PRO?
- Most content created before July 15th remains free
- Email Updates will be free through the NFL season (mailed and posted)
- Message Board is free all year long
- Rate My Team is available through the entire preseason
- News Blogger is free all year around
- Depth Charts are free all year around
- The first August update is free