Frequently Asked Questions
- Why do you charge for inside access?
Content websites have basically three options for surviving long term.
- Offer free content to readers and make money by loading the site with advertising, often resorting to pop up or even pop up audio ads that they can sell for higher margins.
- Offer a "magazine style" model where readers pay for a subscription to access the content.
- A hybrid of #1 and #2. We've chosen this option as we think it gives our readers the best experience offering the best parts of the free and subscriber model. We'll offer plenty of free content and we will have some ads. But they'll be both relevant and limited. And non obnoxious. You will never see pop up ads on Footballguys. From the subscription side, we'll offer readers a ridiculous amount of content and value for a low price. In our opinion, this is the best way to give the reader the most value.
- WHY DID YOU DECIDE TO MAKE THE FREE/PAY CUTOFF DATE FOR THE WEBSITE JULY 15TH?
This allows us to continue to show you what we are all about. Our interest has always been to promote the hobby of fantasy football. This includes education through tools, articles, etc. By July 15th we will likely have released everything for the preseason at least once. We feel by going to July 15th, we give solid information (a month and a half better than most magazines print date) for free and have earned the right to compete for your subscription services.
- ARE THERE ANY FEATURES THAT GO BEHIND THE FENCE BEFORE JULY 15TH?
Our VBD Excel Application, Draft Dominator, Projections Dominator will release one free version only. We feel this is adequate to see what these applications can do. Subscribers get constant updates on all of these products.
- Why $29.95? Why not $5 or $10?
We felt this price represents outstanding value to our customers and still allows us to pay our staff, afford dependable servers and successfully grow our company to continue improving the product. And because we have an iron clad Money Back Guarantee, you get to choose for yourself whether you agree with us that it's a great value.
- WHAT'S THE DEAL WITH MONEY BACK GUARANTEE?
It's just what it says. People that purchase a Footballguys Insider Subscription have until September 30 of this year to request their money back if they're not satisfied. If they're not happy, they let us know and we refund their money and cancel their subscription. No questions asked. Period.
- There are plenty of sites with free information out there.
No doubt. There is excellent information available out there for free. We'll even point our Footballguys Readers to tons of it with links and references. What we're able to offer is unique (and we think better) viewpoints, insights and opinions. And more accurate detailed statistical projections and rankings. Without the barrage of pop up advertising and flashing banners. In addition, we'll add value by putting our staff to work sorting through the mountain of free information to bring you the very best and most relevant items. If you have 400 hours a week available to scour the innerwebs for information, that's great. For Footballguys Readers, our staff does that work for you.
- I'll never pay.
OK. We offer lots of content for free and we hope you enjoy that and use it for an edge over your competition.
- I mean it. I'll never pay.
Really, it's OK. Footballguys isn't for everyone. But if you're serious about winning your league and want every tool and edge available to help you do just that, we think a Footballguys Insider Subscription is the best value in sports.
- Will Footballguys be better this season?
We believe in continuous improvement and this year will be no different. We published over 50,000 pages of content the last two years and will do even more things this year. In the end you are the judge to whether our material is of sufficient quantity and quality.
- HOW DO I LOGIN?
Just go to http://subscribers.footballguys.com/amember/login.php and login with your email address and password that you signed up with. This will bring you to http://subscribers.footballguys.com/2013/page2.php and will allow you access to all dollar sign content.
- WILL THE COMPUTER REMEMBER ME WHEN I COME BACK?
Cookies are set at two weeks. So once you login, you can just go to and access everything for those 14 days. If this isn't working for you, make sure your computer is set to accept cookies.
- CAN I LOGOUT?
You can logout by clicking here: http://footballguys.com/amember/logout.php. If you previously could login and now can not, you should logout and then log back in as this can clear cookies problems a lot of the times.
- I CAN'T REMEMBER MY PASSWORD.
http://subscribers.footballguys.com/amember/login.php will email you a link you can use to change your password.
- I HAVE PAID, BUT I CAN'T LOGIN.
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org for resolution. Sending an email to Joe Bryant and/or David Dodds will not speed up getting access as they will soon be getting nearly a thousand emails a day on varying topics. For fastest processing include your confirmation receipt that was emailed to you.
- WHAT IS AVAILABLE TO ME IF I DO NOT SUBSCRIBE?
- Most content created before July 15th remains free
- Email Updates will be free through the NFL season (mailed and posted)
- Message Board is free all year long
- Rate My Team is available through the entire preseason
- News Blogger is free all year around
- Depth Charts are free all year around
- The first August update is free