Name: Tony Holm
Home: About 30 miles outside of Boston.
Keys to FF Success:
- I'm an Earth sign so always draft Running Backs early and often.
- Have figured out what is at the edge of the Universe, the meaning of life, Pi and most importantly, draft kickers late.
- Have high-speed Internet access! YES!
- Own and operate Madden 2000 on a PlayStation 2 baby. Oh yeah, polygon crunching, football playing, stallion of a machine my friends. It is so realistic that Terry Glenn seems to drop anything thrown his way but curiously, Ricky Dudley seems to haul in everything.
- Joe made me promise I wouldn't go off on a tangent.
- Author of The Prognosticator found this season at both footballguys.com and thehuddle.com.
- Started back at mrfootball.com with some guy's name that escapes me. I was the true star anyway.
- Have written for some fantasy mags, done a few radio shows, been written up in national publications, cool stuff like that.
- Participate in various fantasy expert leagues like Insanex hosted by fantasyasylum.com and the grand daddy of them all, fanexfootball.com.
- Other stuff that makes me look good.
- Stay plugged in to the league. Get friendly with everyone and when you talk, talk football. You have to get your finger on the pulse. If you can, you own your league as all business flows through you.
- Get a good TE (In TE required leagues)
- The QB position is over rated (unless you're getting 6 points a TD)
- Ignore everything I say and you will win.
I have both taped to my wall so this is an easy one:
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. --Carl Sagan
In questions of science, the authority of a thousand is not worth the humble reasoning of a single individual. --Galileo Galilei
And there is a Michael Jordan quote I'm still trying to hunt down that made me stop and think.
Pre-Game Ritual: Nothing that exciting really. Run around like a chicken with it's head cut off mowing the lawn trying to pack everything I should have done Saturday into Sunday morning so I can relax with the afternoon games.
If I were Paul Tagliabue I would:
- Eddie George
- Mike Singletary
- Joe Montana
- Christian Okoyo
- Brian Bosworth (just kidding)
- Al Del Greco
Dream Job: Retirement.
- Hire the XFL cheerleaders.
- Give the Raiders to Vince McMahon.
- Toss Al Davis out on his grass
- Abuse my power and hire some girls for the royal NFL suite fully furnished with rare works of art and the largest champagne fountain known to man. Now that's livin' John Boy.
Best call of 2000: Lamar Smith, Jeff Garcia and to a degree, Amani Toomer.
Favorite FF Team Names: Burlington Big'uns, Muddy Creek Crawdads and the Bug Eyed Bullfrogs.
Redraft or keeper: Both. I am in three full blown Dynasty leagues where you keep everyone and draft out of college. Those are really cool but you need the redraft to get the charge of the draft each year. Rookie drafts tend to get boring fast.
Ginger or MaryAnn? To steal a friends response to this very question I asked members of a league I commission last year: "Whichever will have me"